Monday, June 21, 2010

Our day in Utah



We got to Utah in the afternoon so I took the children to the Airplane museum by Hill Air Force Base for a few hours. Trevor and they guys were off golfing, of course, and Jason was back at the house with Bushka. The children really enjoyed it. Katie bumped her head on one of the propellers because she say a bee but other than that it was a lot of fun. There were a jets flying in the sky and the children counted them, 11 in all. I am sure there were some repeats of planes but not to the children they were all different ones. I learned that I really don't know very much about airplanes. We are going to have to go again... it was so enjoyable.
Garrett got his Eagle Scout Award and we couldn't be prouder of him. He continues to set a wonderful example for our boys to look up to and follow. It was a fun night and the children LOVED the eagle. They had to keep going to check it out before the ceremony and were sad when it left. There was a presentation of a flag to Garrett, the grandpa's gave a few words, and then the eagle scout process. It was a fabulous night and I am so glad we got to share it with him. Congrats Garrett, glad you are not an eaglet anymore!!!

0 comments: