Monday, July 27, 2009

Irish Campout 2009

We had a blast with our 1st Annual Irish Camp out on the weekend of July 24th-26th. We camped at the state Three Island Crossing camp site in Glenns Ferry, Idaho. The weekend was practically perfect and loved every minute of it. (minus the heat of 100+ everyday and that I was an oven myself!, 32 weeks pregnant)
Friday we set up camp when we got there around 5:45 p.m. I forgot our dinner so I ran to the store for sandwich items. Got back, hung out, did glow sticks and had a yummy upside down pineapple dutch oven cake, thanks Ricks crew. We put the children to bed around 10 and the adults stayed up to talk. I really love those times!
Saturday we got up to breakfast by Bobby and family. Super yummy... pancakes and omelets you boil in a bag. After cleaning up everyone got ready for the day and off went the crew, minus myself, Julee and Mylie, on a walk to explore the area and check out the visitors center.
After the adventure on the trail we had lunch, relaxed a bit, got dinner going(dutch oven) and then headed to the pool. (Lunch was by us, the hot dog meal.)Everyone had a fabulous time, except when Lily got stung by a bee and when we had to leave. It was fun to watch them go down the slide, dive for rings, jump of the diving board and just play together. That was the children and Shane and Trevor. The little ones played in the kitty pool they had right next to the big pool. That was nice because the little ones could play and we could still be in on the action in the big pool.



We got back and Mylie got a bath. Morgan loved helping to wash her, especially the face. When Mylie was done she got Violets hair wet and then they just played in the water together.
A few pictures of my family that I loved...


That evening the boys found a water snake right by our camp site. They thought it was the coolest thing. The girls had a look and then went back to playing. Trevor, of course, couldn't leave the poor thing alone. He picked it up with his hands, a stick and finally the thing slithered away into the weeds. The boys were glued and didn't leave until they made sure it was taken care of.

We had a super scrumptious dinner of Potatoes and pork in the dutch oven by the Ricks fam. Dinner was followed by a trip to the river for some fishing. When Uncle Shane was getting the poles ready Zach didn't leave his side except to tell me he wanted a fishing pole for his birthday. They had a blast fishing, didn't catch any thing but that was just fine with me. After fishing was SMORES- thanks Ricks crew again. Everyone loved to make them, from the oldest to the youngest. Zach had waited all weekend to make them, actually, he had waited since we mentioned we were going camping.


After the mouth watering combo of melted marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers we brushed teeth and tucked the children into bed. We stayed up a bit and chatted and them went to bed to sweat through another night.
Sunday I made breakfast, oatmeal, while Trevor got everything packed up. We headed out in time for Trevor to get back to teach in Elders Quorum.
It was a wonderful weekend and I can't wait until next year. I heard we might hit some where around Stanley. I love summer for the time we get to spend with family doing things together. I am glad we have had time with both sides. It makes my heart happy every time we get to make memories with family, especially my children with their cousins! Zach keep saying that he wanted to do this again with them, and I ditto that!

2 comments:

Julee said...

Great post Jen! We had a great time. I love your pictures (and copied a few) :)

Julie said...

I couldn't agree more - family is where it's at! I love watching my children make bonds with cousins that I know will last forever!