Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Priate Party

Zach had a wonderful Pirate Party.
His friends came and we read the book"How I Became a Pirate".
After the book was finished we discovered that some pirates came and had hidden all of the party stuff. However, they had left buried treasure maps to find all of the loot. First we got our gems back. Then came the plates, cups and napkins.
Third was all of their pirate gear: swords and eye patches.
They got all geared up and went looking for the gold coins. When they got to the coins there was a pirate guarding the coins and they had to over power him to find the coins. Thank goodness they did and we were able to get the party in order.
Then it was time to
Open Presents.
I don't know who was more excited - Zach or his friends!


Cake Time!
It was a super fun because the cake was actually a treasure cake.
(We call it a money cake, there was really money hidden inside)
It was so much fun to Attack Trevor( aka Zach's Dad) that they had to to it over and over and over and over again. I think it was the best part of the party!
(Thank goodness Trevor was such a good sport about it.)

However, plastic swords do hurt so we went to pirate balloons for the attacks.

As we came to the END Trevor told them a pirate story they were all in. When would cheer as pirates they would all raise their balloons and say, "RRRRRRRRRRRGGGG"
After we went to dinner at the restaurant of Zach's choice, McDonald's.
It was fun and Zach loved it, I guess that is why I love doing parties so much. If you look in the pictures we are smiling and laughing. A major joy in life!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I officially declare you my family's personal party planner! That looked like one great day.

Angie of Down This Road Designs said...

What a cute and fun party! It sounds like you are quite the party thrower!