Okay, this is what we came home to the Friday before Christmas. The basement had about 2" of water almost every where. We got home at 11:30 from Trevor's work party and the babysitter said that at the bottom of the stairs it was wet. I thought some one has spilt something so I went to check it out as Trevor took her home. Well I had to go and put on Trevor's snow boots just to walk down stairs.
In the basement we have had to pull up all of the carpeted areas for health reasons and of course now we get to wait for new carpet. Trevor called two great friends, who he knew were awake and they came over and wet vac. the whole area. That night we cut out most of the t.v. rooms carpet pad and got as much water as we could out. We were planning on digging up the backyard the following day anyway to work on the pipes. We knew there was a problem, just not a going to flood the basement problem. Our friends the Armstrongs put us up from Friday night at around 1:30 a.m.(saturday morning) until Monday night at around 9:00 p.m. That way we could just come home put the kids to bed and clean everything before morning. We can't say how much we appreciate them for that!!!
All of the dirt towards the end of day two.
Here is Travis who is 6' forever in the hole, Yeah, it is about 10 feet deep.
Digging right next to the back of the house. The hole is just outside of Zach's window, great for watching them work while still in the nice warm house. This weekend the weather didn't even hit freezing. They had to be outside for 10+ hours a day in below freezing weather. It took the better part of three days. What men!

This what the utility room's carpet looked like when we pulled it up on the 23rd of Christmas with my parents. The tile under the carpet came up too. Well some of it ,so we got to scrape the rest off. (I should say they) My Dad pulled the t.v. room carpet up Chirstmas eve morning.
This what the utility room's carpet looked like when we pulled it up on the 23rd of Christmas with my parents. The tile under the carpet came up too. Well some of it ,so we got to scrape the rest off. (I should say they) My Dad pulled the t.v. room carpet up Chirstmas eve morning.
Since then ---
Everything was working great until Trevor heard the toilet bubble during one of his showers. Nothing transpired for a few day until - This past Sunday the sewer backed up again and just flooded a little in the bathroom and under the wall into the t.v. room. But hey we don't have any carpet so easy clean up. and I know it was poop water because I had just cleaned out some pooh underwear in the toilet. Right as I was leaving for church the plumber came out and snaked, good for the rest of the day. I was late for church but it is more important not to have pooh water in your house than being on time. Monday the toilet bubbled again... so... the plumber was called and he is going to come tomorrow morning to snake again. Good thing he was a guarantee for 3o days - what a blessing he has been. If any one in Burley needs a GOOD plumber just give me a call.
So that is the plumbing saga at the Irish home thus far. What a Christmas with the house it has been. When all said and done we could have gone on vacation, got a few Wii's or done something fun for Christmas, but instead we have pipes that work, pooh water that will exit the house properly and hopefully get some of it back when we sell our slow flip... our little money pit.




3 comments:
I am so sorry for all of your trauma-but on the bright side it will be a Christmas you will always remember!!
Yikes, yikes, yikes! What a nightmare! So glad you had great friends to help you out!
Oh mu goodness! I don't know how you keep such a great outlook on things. Let me know if you need anything. I'm just down the street :)
Post a Comment