Wednesday, September 16, 2009

He is here!!!

Jason Edward Irish
9 lb 5 oz
21 1/2 in long
September 14, 2009
11: 13 a.m.
Head - 38 cm

Went to the hospital at 7:30 a.m. for my induction. Got all hooked up and was started on the ivy at about 8:30. Around 10:00 a.m. had my epidural and was ready to go. Had another dose for the epidural a little while later. The epidural was wearing off on my right side when I was starting to have my almost done contractions. I had told the nurse that when I go, I go fast so when I hit a six she started to get everything ready for the delivery. She called the doctor to tell him my progress. He too remembered that I went fast so he left his office got changed and was there. He wasn't a minute too soon. He came into the room got a few things ready and I told them I was ready to push. I pushed four times and at 11:13 a.m.our little bundle of joy was here. They got him all cleaned up, did the baby is born items of business and then I got to hold him. He is perfect. When they were doing the nursing business Jason held Trevor's finger. Trevor then became the photographer and all was well. When the nurses measured his head they told me I should get a metal. When Trevor finally got to hold Jason, he got teared up as they had their moment together.
I am glad that I can hold him in my arms, that he has a name and that he is ours. All the pain, waiting, tearing, getting big and doctor exams are worth every bit of it when you hold an infant in your arms and know they are yours. He is ours to raise, teach and to love.

Trevor has the camera at his office to show all of them Our Jason so post will come soon with pictures!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are amazing!!! My only baby that was not a c-section was 9lbs and he did not come out in 4 pushes. You go girl! i'm so excited for you. I wish i was there to offer my help in some way. I hope you are doing great and I can't wait to see pictures of little Jason. give him a snuggle for me:)

Julee said...

You are amazing Jen! What a big kid! I can't wait to see him! :)

Jenn said...

Congrats!!! Yeah!! So I got you a newborn outfit--guess We'll have to exchange that for a bigger size :0)-- your'e amazing I can't imagine having a 9lb baby!! Oh and I love the name. We'll have to stop by later this week.

Kim said...

CONGRATULATIONS JEN AND TREVOR!!! Can't wait to see pics of the little guy. DOesn't Trevor know we take presidence for pictures over showing people in the office?! :)

I'm already trying to figure out how I can meet this "little" guy in person.

LOVE YOU!!!

Julie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You make is sounds worth it to be pregnant and miserable. Boy, all my excuses just don't hold up when put in perspective. Enjoy and have fun!

Mindy said...

CONGRATS!!! You do deserve a medal! Your the only woman I know that handles pregnancy so well! I am glad everything is going so great! Let me know if I can help out in anyway!!