At the movies I will not let my children have life savers again. We like to go to the summer movies in Burley they are cheap and it is a fun thing to do. I try to not buy treats there because of the cost and then the inevitable bathroom trip(s). So today we went and saw Horton Hears a Who where the children had gum and some life savers I found in the diaper bag. Zach choked on his second life saver. I got him out of his seat and by me. The dear mom in front of us turned to help too. He was still making noise so I wasn't worried. Then he started to gag and then he threw it up. I am glad he did- just wish he hadn't hit my leg and part of the chair. The movie was almost over so of course we had to finish it, Katie's orders. I used baby wipes and some napkins (from the mom in front of us) to clean up the best I could. So we will have no more of those life savers during a movie... wet pants and a choking child is no fun!!!!!
6 years ago




6 comments:
I'm glad he is okay! I am all for not letting young kids have hard candy! I have seen people choke on them and it is scary! One of my aunt's choked on a jolly rancher it was a scary time!
Yikes! Glad it turned out alright.
When my children choke - I freak out. You were probably totally calm and under control. Okay, I kinda laughed when you said that he threw up on you. Sorry, it isn't funny, but it kinda is. Maybe it is my turn to laugh at you!!!:)
It is kinda funny that they are called life-savers because so many kids choke on them-I think we should petition for a name change-perhaps movie-crashers would be more appropriate-I am glad he is OK!
I'm glad everything turned out ok. Children choking has to be the scariest thing ever.
Scary!! Glad he is okay!!!
Post a Comment