Monday, June 22, 2009

Weekend of Laughter!

I had my girls weekend with my mom and my sister-in-law Cathy. It was a super fun weekend full of laughter, which lead to tears and the almost peeing of pants, shopping and girl time. I loved every minute of it. We started out on Friday with dinner, supper yummy Mexican, and a movie - The Proposal. The movie was so funny I laughed so hard I cried several times. It was a source of laughter for the whole weekend too. Saturday we shopped for 10 hours- Real Deals, IKEA, lunch, Joanne's, Tia Pan, Quilted Bear and then home. Mom sewed four pillows for Cathy and a cover for the shelves in the basement t.v. room. While sewing we laughed so hard we cried again and this time Garrett and Jessica were there and laughed at us laughing. We were laughing at some things from the movie and so they didn't understand why we were laughing but laughter is contagious. Sunday we got to go church with Eric and family and hear Jessica give her talk in primary. It was excellent! Then came home to celebrate Father's Day with Trevor.
We have decided that this needs to be a yearly event and from now on all of the Cox girls 18 and older or maybe married will be there. This year this was my Mother's day present and I will take this for my present every year. Next year, maybe Saint George... a movie, the temple, shopping and GIRLY FUN! So all you Cox girls lets start planning and deciding what we want to do... we all have to be there!
Super funnies - Cathy's rain bonnet, almost not talking the during our trip through IKEA, Jennifer and the orange shirt, all the bathrooms, Ramon- oh Ramon, almost peeing in the theater, laughing so hard we laughed at how hard we were laughing and the rolling and beating of pillows.

3 comments:

Julee said...

Alright - I am soo jealous! That sounds like so much fun! I cannot wait to see the Proposal!

Julie said...

There is nothing better than a good laugh - especially a pee inducing laugh. I have two girlie outings scheduled in July, you have made me want them to come faster - if that's possible!

family4ever said...

I love Tai Pan, Ikea and Real Deals-you were so close to my house-I am sad the swine flu had to keep you away! I miss laughing so hard with you-those were good times!