Friday, August 14, 2009

Rodeo Time

Last night was the kids free night at the RODEO. So, the children and I loaded up and went for a night of bucking fun. They wait all year for the rodeo to come, it is so fun to watch them get excited for it. I love a good rodeo myself, so I understand the excitement. We sat with Kami Millward and her family, thank you, thank you, thank you! The weather was perfect, the atmosphere fun and the cowboys excellent. It was Morgan's first rodeo and she loved it. She wanted to go and ride the cows, run with the children when they chased some "little cows" for a chance to pull the ribbon off their tail and win a prise, and loved the horses. She would make kissing sounds at the horses and just loved them. Morgan even got to wear her first pair of cowgirl boots last night. Katie and Zach liked it all. When asked their favorite part the response was,"All of it!" Although, I really do think Zach loves the bull riding the best. It is a fun night and I love taking the children... I remember going with my parents and loving it and want to pass that along. I mean really, how can you be in Idaho and not go to a rodeo.


out takes: Zach told me to stop yelling... he said, "stop doing that, I am trying to watch over here." He also told Kevin not to step on his cotton candy and that we wouldn't ride a horse like that. Totally cracked us up.
Morgan would dance to the music only stopping when the horses got close to us. She even sat with Kevin and Kami... and loved playing with Kevin's sunglasses. At one point she even riped a wipe in two and looked like a little cheerleader with it, whacking all the children around her.
Katie, towards the end, went down to the fence so she would be close the horses that were right in front of us. When the children were getting ready to go out to chase the "little cows" she lend back and said, "I don't have to do it do I?". (smart girl)

1 comments:

NikkiAWardell said...

I have been neglecting my blogging friends!!! I love stopping back by and having so much fun reading material. Darling pics the kids entered in the fair!! Hope you are feeling well...I'm excited that your big announcement will be soon!!!:)