Yes, there is a day dedicated to Grandparents. There is, of course, even cards for it. It is always the first Sunday following Labor day. So call you grandparents and have your children call them and send them a wish of love! Alright but that is not what I am blogging to say ----
Here is what I want to say about GRANDPARENTS DAY!
I just love that they have a day to celebrate Grandparents. They often teach and inspire Grandchildren in different ways than parents can. I have three sets of Grandparents and love them all dearly. In fact I think that having three sets of Grandparents always made me more special, yes and more spoiled on birthdays and holidays.:) Growing up, although never really living as close as I would have liked, I loved all of them. I think of those who have passed already, which is all but one, and miss them. I miss the fun, the strength, the counsel that they offered me. One taught me how to always laugh, play jokes and enjoy what you are given in life and yet there is a place for that and a place for spiritual things too. I learned from a Grandma that modesty is more flattering to the body and the visit are never long enough. Another Grandmother taught me to be healthy, to always find ways to serve, and normally my idea is probably the best way things should be done:). My third grandma taught me that when you make a commitment you stick with it and that her past can influence my future. All three of my Grandma's taught me that you need to be you and that being stubborn, bull headed, strong willed... is all just part of being in the family. :) Trevor's grandparents influenced his life too. His Grandfather always taught him to laugh, enjoy life, and that the outdoors were suppose to be loved and experienced. He always loved his stories of the great outdoors and he now shares that love. His Grandmother always told him to be good and he has always wanted to be good so he wouldn't disappoint her. (When ever they talk even makes a point to tell her he is doing good.)Don't get us wrong our parents have taught these things to us too but the memory of learning them comes first comes with our Grandparents.
I just love that they have a day to celebrate Grandparents. They often teach and inspire Grandchildren in different ways than parents can. I have three sets of Grandparents and love them all dearly. In fact I think that having three sets of Grandparents always made me more special, yes and more spoiled on birthdays and holidays.:) Growing up, although never really living as close as I would have liked, I loved all of them. I think of those who have passed already, which is all but one, and miss them. I miss the fun, the strength, the counsel that they offered me. One taught me how to always laugh, play jokes and enjoy what you are given in life and yet there is a place for that and a place for spiritual things too. I learned from a Grandma that modesty is more flattering to the body and the visit are never long enough. Another Grandmother taught me to be healthy, to always find ways to serve, and normally my idea is probably the best way things should be done:). My third grandma taught me that when you make a commitment you stick with it and that her past can influence my future. All three of my Grandma's taught me that you need to be you and that being stubborn, bull headed, strong willed... is all just part of being in the family. :) Trevor's grandparents influenced his life too. His Grandfather always taught him to laugh, enjoy life, and that the outdoors were suppose to be loved and experienced. He always loved his stories of the great outdoors and he now shares that love. His Grandmother always told him to be good and he has always wanted to be good so he wouldn't disappoint her. (When ever they talk even makes a point to tell her he is doing good.)Don't get us wrong our parents have taught these things to us too but the memory of learning them comes first comes with our Grandparents.
My Grandparents have helped me become me, well they have influenced the good parts of me and for that I am forever grateful!
as Katie say,"
GRANDPARENTS ARE AWESOME!
I love the Grandparents my children have. They are special too and get to have three sets which I know they all love, miss and wish they would come visit weekly. When ever we talk about any of them Zach just asks,"Are they going to come to my house?" I am excited for my children to learn and be molded by their grandparents like I was. So no pressure Grandparents but I will need you to help me teach these kid-os the important things in life. Even if we are not physically close, and visits are never long enough, they will learn from you by the life that you live. I know, because I learned that way from my Grandparents.
!Families are Everything and Everyone get a piece of the teaching action!
I am glad that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and gave us families to help get all of the principles taught. So that we can make informed choices and make it back to him in the end.
As a mother who feels this responsibility I am grateful for the help and say...THANK YOU - THANK YOU-THANK YOU




0 comments:
Post a Comment